Countdown to Baby Austin

Monday, August 24, 2009

Trying this again

Here we go...another shot at blogging. I've failed at it a number of times but hope to be successful this time. There is a lot happening in my life and it's a great time to start capturing it and recording it for future review. I'm recently a stay-at-home mom as of August 7, 2009. I left a wonderful job/career to be home with James and Brooke. Ryan got a job that will move us to the West Houston area and will allow me to stay home with them. I'm also about 5-months pregnant with baby #3.

Over the past 13 months, Ryan and I got married, had our amazing daughter Brooke, went through a stressful relocation battle with Joel, Ryan took a new job moving us to a new home/town, got pregnant again, and decided to stay home with the children. It's still very early in my stay-at-home adventure, but so far I am still very pleased with my decision. It will certainly be a financial adjustment, but it would have been either way with baby boy Austin on the way. The challenge has proved so far to be just that...a challenge, but a rewarding one. I'm thankful every day that I can watch my babies grow, learn, make mistakes, have successes, etc. Don't get me wrong, I think pre-school is essential, which is why I'm sending James to a pre-school 3 days/week from 9-2 in the new location. He needs time with structured learning and socialization of other kids his age as well as time away from me. This will hopefully prove to be a better transition for him into Kindergarten.

Keep your fingers crossed that I can keep up with this blog. I want this to be a documentation of the entire Rader Clan, not just me...not just the kids...but everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

James 3-years

James 3-years
James 3-years